Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog to Follow

My theme for my “blog following” is using technology in the teaching of mathematics. My favorite blog I found is simply called, “Teaching Math.” The goal of the writer of this blog seems to be to inform other math teachers about helpful tips for teaching, as well as provide resources for creating lesson plans and math related activities. I selected this blog because it has a lot of helpful information, as well as some neat and useful online manipulatives. This could really come in handy for me as I am currently doing my field experience at Price Lab. A class set of computers is almost always available to check out for my lessons, so I would definitely be able to have students try some of these interactive websites.


The writings of this “blogger” are fairly organized in the fact that each posting covers a single topic at a time and provides multiple links to related information, whether that be an online gadget or just another blog. While the writer does not seem like someone who is only writing to vent or express his opinion about a topic or idea, there is a lot of great insight provided in each posting. Also, the best part about this blog is that the whole right side of it is filled with just about every math topic there is, so it is really easy to find what you are looking for on any give occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment